1. Keep the party small and simple. Parents tend to forget that kids really can have a lot of fun from small and simple things. So don’t stress too much!! Keep it small and simple. On average a typical birthday should have between 5-10 kids. Some people go by the rule: as many guests as the birthday child's age.
2. Make a budget and stick to it. Instead of focusing on what you can’t afford, think creatively about what you can. Even on a small budget, you can throw bash that’s more personal and meaningful then you could ever imagine.
3. Pick a Theme. It will add meaning and will help you save time when choosing decorations, snack and loot bags. Make sure you don’t choose too narrow themed fields, for example instead of Buzz Light-year theme for instance, try to go for a space hero party.
4. Don’t spend days cleaning up!
Local Parks, community halls, recreation centre’s all have rooms that can be rented. Be sure to schedule in advance!
5. Consider the Food. Kids love anything bite-sized, couple standard kids party foods ideas are hotdogs and pizza. They are great for fussy eaters and vegetarians alike. Go for mini, sliced or home made!
6. The cake. The decoration of the cake must connect with the party theme for a flawless party atmosphere. Kids generally like bright colors, make sure you keep that in mind when buying or making your cake!
7. Balloons. Decorate your surrounding with balloons! Try putting colorful confetti or hang them from the ceiling. You can fill them with candy and draw names on them and give them out as prizes and party favors. Balloons are also fun for games such as relay races, volleyball games
8. Make Goodie Bags. Fill them with small toys and sweets and kids will be more than happy! To make a more personal touch, get the kids to do some crafts during the party and let them take that home.
9. Don’t Forget the games. Party games are a great icebreaker for any party! For younger kids make sure to keep the games simple, like pin the tail on the donkey, simon says… Kids under six years of age don’t have a long attention span, and cant sit still for long periods of time. For a older kids more brain teaser or memory style games will do, like charades or hot potato.
10. Don’t forget the parents, provide light snacks and drinks, parent will keep themselves busy but you can plan a activity where the parents can help the kids out.
Pulling off a successful party isn’t impossible! Good Luck!!